WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship
Are you ready to unlock your potential as a young researcher and entrepreneur, bringing to life ideas and innovation at the crossroads of technology, public health, and intellectual property? Applications for the WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship are now open. The WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship offers a unique and exciting opportunity for young researchers and entrepreneurs to work with the Department of Biotechnology (Ministry of Science and Technology) as part of its Biodesign Program in India. As a fellow, you will have residency at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) campuses in New Delhi or Mumbai for two years.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our platforms; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship
Join the inaugural cohort of young change-makers committed to addressing global health challenges through innovation and technology, making IP a catalyst for innovation and creativity. Become a WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellow and make a difference!
What does the fellowship offer?
- Exciting fellowship opportunity: This two-year fellowship experience combines technology, public health, and intellectual property with the goal of training innovators to develop innovative medical technologies, creating a meaningful impact on global health.
- International experience: Join a diverse network of global young innovators and experts to solve emerging health challenges, while being based in India for two years.
- Prestigious collaboration: Build meaningful networks at the Indian Department of Biotechnology, IIT Delhi and Bombay campuses, and WIPO.
What does the fellowship cover?
- The fellowship covers study visa processing fees; fellowship fees; IIT overhead fees; study material costs; accommodation costs (for accommodation provided or recommended by the Department of Biotechnology); living expenses; health insurance; local transportation within India; and international travel (return ticket from home country to IIT Delhi or IIT Bombay).
Application process for the WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship
Send your application to email@example.com with the following documents:
- Your current CV (no more than 3 pages): Showcase your leadership, problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, and communication skills. Highlight your professional activities and accomplishments in the health industry, intellectual property filings, and projects with significant business impact, if applicable.
- One-page cover letter: Outline your plans to address specific health challenges, focusing on maternal, neonatal, and child health/survival, prevention, early diagnosis, and community-level treatment of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). Highlight any technology solutions for women’s health (FemTech). Demonstrate how your experience aligns with the BioDesign
- Your academic transcript(s): Provide an overview of your education and certifications to demonstrate your academic background.
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2023. The expected start date of fellowship is November 13, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the WIPO Global Health Innovation Fellowship
- Candidates must meet the admission criteria of the Biodesign Program of the Department of Biotechnology. All conditions concerning the participation of WIPO-supported Global Health Innovation Fellows shall remain within the authority of Department of Biotechnology in accordance with its applicable rules and policies.
- Open to all international candidates (except Indian citizens).
- Applicants from diverse educational backgrounds, including the engineering, science, computer science, product design, business, law, medical or nursing fields, are welcome to apply.
- Experience in addressing global health challenges, in particular maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and FemTech is required.
- Two-three years’ work experience in the health technology industry or in related research positions.
- Preference will be given to those who have a track record in innovation (patents, licensed technologies/products).
- Interest in the relevance of intellectual property rights (patents, design rights, trademarks and copyright) along the entire value chain for health technology from early research to distribution of a product or service to the end user.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, creativity, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.