Commonwealth Young Professionals Programme (YPP) in London, United Kingdom (Salary: £29,070 per annum)
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through our Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance. The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development. We currently have various opportunities available across the Secretariat.
The list of available opportunities is below so click on title to apply;
- Assistant Research Officer YPO (Trade Competitiveness)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Research Officer (Economic, Youth & Sustainable Development Directorate)
- Assistant Research Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate) x2
Individual applications will need to be made for each position.
To be considered,
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country
- Aged 27 years or younger at the time applications close.
- You will need to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, and
- Have at least one year of demonstrated work experience in the design and delivery of a subject relevant to development or democracy programmes/projects.
Further information on each position can be found by clicking on the relevant links.
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 member governments and provides guidance on policy-making, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive, and equitable development.
Salary on appointment is £29,070 per annum. This is subject to the deduction of internal income tax (currently aligned with UK income tax rates) and UK National Insurance contributions (from which overseas-recruited Diplomatic staff members are exempt).
Applications should be made via our online application system at http://thecommonwealth.org/jobs.
Application Deadline: 10 July 2023