Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
Do you have an advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration, or related field or a first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience? Your services are in high demand . Apply for this exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP before expiry date.
Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
- Islamabad, Pakistan
05/31/2023, 11:43 PM
06/15/2023, 05:59 AM
Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific
1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience
Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
Fluency in English is required
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
To receive quick updates subscribe to our ; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
Job Description ; Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is working with the Government of Pakistan, civil society, national partners and the people of Pakistan to help find solutions to persistent development challenges. We work to build lasting institutional capacity, provide technical expertise to improve development outcomes, and help link the Government and people of Pakistan to innovative global solutions in areas such as improved data quality and collection, strong and accountable governance mechanisms and capacities to respond effectively to conflict and disasters, better environmental management, climate change finance and adaptation.
The role of the Country Office Communications Unit is to adopt UNDP’s global communication strategy to a local context and the Country Office development priorities. Through the production of high-quality communication materials and innovative use of relevantly targeted communication channels (internal and external), the communications team works collaboratively to position UNDP as a leader in the development arena, promote visibility of UNDP program outcomes/development results
Position Purpose : Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Resident Representative and in close coordination with the Deputy Resident Representative and the respective Assistant Resident Representatives, the
Communications Analyst plays a lead role in the design, management and implementation of the Country Office communications, advocacy and publication strategies which are geared to influence the development agenda, promote public and media outreach and mobilize political and financial support for UNDP. The Communication Analyst will also ensure that the Country Office communication initiatives are in full alignment with the corporate communications strategy.
The Communications Analyst may supervise and lead the communications staff of the country office and maintains a regular working relationship with the Regional Communications Adviser. The Communications Analyst works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams, staff of other UN Agencies, UNDP Communications Region and HQ staff, government officials, international and local media, subject matter experts, donors, and civil society to ensure successful implementation of UNDP’s communication strategy in the Country Office.
UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across units, functions, teams, and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities : Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
Implement internal/external communication strategies and outreach and contribute to their development.
- Prepare and conduct communications needs assessments for the country office (e.g., for projects, the country programme, and corporate change initiatives).
- Draft and edit the country office communications and outreach strategy based on country office strategic priorities and the UNDP External Communications Action Plan.
- Provide communication input during the project and programme formulation stage to integrate communication needs and strategies in all aspects of UNDP development program.
- Maintain increased coverage and understanding of the UNDP’s work in the country or practice area through local and global media stories as guided by the UNDP External Communications Action Plan.
Implement the country office publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy.
- Identify and develop storylines for publications, and draft substantive articles that contribute to and generate conversations on key development issues.
- Coordinate and manage the country office publication activities, such as content management in line with corporate guidelines.
- Liaison with and maintain a database of contact details for journalists.
Provide technical support to UNDP digital communications in country office that includes social media, web site, intranet, and CO web-based knowledge management system.
- Provide support in implementing country office digital communication strategy.
- Generate content for the web site and other social media platforms to ensure consistency and better outreach.
Implement UNDP’s campaign initiatives to engage different stakeholders (i.e., government, donors, media and public) and increase awareness of UNDP’s mandate and goals.
- Promote and maintain public information campaigns on UNDP activities.
- Collect and package information for donor review in collaboration with programme staff and supervisor to support campaign and advocacy initiatives.
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches to engage stakeholders.
- Support “One UN” agenda in line with UNDP’s Campaign and Advocacy agenda.
- Ensure access of journalists to subject-matter experts and UNDP spokespeople; and provide newsworthy information to the national public.
Assist in leading the effort of country office’s knowledge management and dissemination.
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories.
- Provide training, consultancy, and advice to UNDP staff on internal and external knowledge management.
- Maintain UNDP’s Intranet on country office activities for internal knowledge sharing; and share relevant knowledge products with external stakeholders through corporate website.
- Work with the Programme teams to ensure all knowledge products are captured, updated, readily available and in the right order, as and when necessary.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
- Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: May supervise the Communications staff in the Country Office.
Competencies : Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found on the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Business Management – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. · Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
- Business Management – Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Business Management – Digital Awareness and Literacy
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Communications – Digital Asset Management
- Ability to use digital asset management (DAM) systems to effectively store, share and organize digital assets such as images, videos and other media.
- Communications – Multimedia writing/editing
- Ability to create and/or edit written content for multimedia.
- Business Management – Portfolio Management
- Ability to select, prioritize and control the organization’s project and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment.
- Business Direction and Strategy – Strategic Thinking
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UN’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.’
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration, or related field is required, or
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in combination with an additional two years of qualifying
Experience: Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
- Minimum2 years (with master’s degree) or 4 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, advocacy, or communications.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems such as ERP.
Language: Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station is required for local staff
- Knowledge of another UN language is desirable
Important: Exceptional Communications Analyst Job at UNDP
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.