Human Resources Officer
The International Renewable Energy Agency is an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Abu Dhabi, mandated to promote the widespread and increased adoption and sustainable use of all forms of renewable energy in the pursuit of sustainable development, energy access, energy security and low-carbon economic growth and prosperity. IRENA’s mission is to play a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the global energy systems as a centre of excellence for knowledge and innovation, a global voice of renewable energy, a network hub for all stakeholders and a source of advice and support for countries. At present, IRENA has 168 Members (167 States and the European Union) that acceded to its Statute, and 16 additional States in the process of accession and actively engaged.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our platforms; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
Human Resources Officer
The Division of Administration and Management Services is responsible for providing the Secretariat with effective and efficient management and seamless delivery of Human Resources, Information and Communications Technology, Procurement, Financial and other General Services. Under the direct supervision of Chief of Human Resources, Human Resources Officer will be responsible for leading and managing the administration of entitlements and benefits, payroll and employment contracts for all Agency staff and compelementary personnel (associate professionals, service contract holders, consultants and interns). S/he will be also responsible for the implementation and revision of relevant HR polices and guidelines, performance management (e-PAR) system and provision of substantive HR advice on policies relating to staff and complementary personnel Agency-wide.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of Director, Administration and Management Services and direct supervision of Chief, Human Resources and within the delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer will carry out the following duties:
Human Resources Administration
- Plans, guides, manages and supervises HR Administration team. Sets goals and objectives for the team, plans and monitors the work flow, develops short and long term plans for staff to ensure optimal utilization of available resources; ensures timely responses to all requests of personnel issues, provides coaching, mentoring and training to subordinate staff; plans, develops reviews and implements internal management processes for the improvement of services provided.
- Leads and evaluates the implementation of all entitlements, allowances and benefits for regular IRENA staff (professional and general service) and complementary personnel (associate professionals, service contract holders, consultants and interns); reviews, certifies and authorizes all entitlements and related actions through ERP payroll module;
- Supports the effective implementation of the performance evaluation process and system (e-PAR) for Agency staff and compelementary personnel in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines;
- Develops performance management evaluation guidance and policies in accordance with organizational strategies, work plans and best practices;
- Provides up-to-date reports and analysis on performance evaluation results, performance trends, and compliance rates, and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous refinement and enhancement of e-PAR system;
ERP HCM Focal Point
- Serves as ERP Focal Point for all HCM modules; coordinates with relevant ERP staff to ensure smooth and successful maintenance, updates and/or roll-out of HCM modules; identifies, assesses and analyzes problems and issues and proposes solutions.
- Reviews HCM solution documents to ensure that they meet the needs of the Agency; coordinates with relevant ERP staff to address all issues related to the solution documents prior to sign-off; ensures that HCM modules are configured and validated in accordance with the solution documents; identifies and reports on gaps and inconsistencies for appropriate remedial/ correctve action.
- Provide guidance and training to end users, staff and managers on HCM modules.
- Client Orientation
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, law, education or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with at least two additional years of directly relevant qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Experience/Skills: At least seven years of progressively responsible experience at the professional level in human resources management or related area, including in HR administration, performance management, human resources policy development and ERP design and implementation, of which five years should have been in the organization/s applying HR policy frameworks of the United Nations common system.
Language: Excellent command of both written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
Human Resources Officer