Local Research Assistant for Evaluations
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our ; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA) Overview
MELA is designed to ensure that USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). Kaizen will help USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors, focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. Through the Kaizen Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms will work with Kaizen’s MELA team to successfully deliver activities while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems.
The Kaizen approach will provide USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, build the capacity of local MEL institutions, and ensure programs meaningfully incorporate local participation. The MELA team will ensure program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local firms that can manage the follow-on MEL Activity in the future.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Kaizen is currently seeking a Local Research Assistant to assist with the evaluations. The primary responsibilities of this role involve providing support to the evaluation team through data collection, analysis, and literature review.
Responsibilities and requirements will include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct literature reviews and gathering relevant data to support the evaluation team.
• Assist in preparation of data collection tools and transcripts, as needed.
• Support in notetaking and translation.
• Assist in collecting and analyzing data using appropriate statistical techniques and software.
• Provide administrative support to the Team Leader, including scheduling meetings, organizing files, and maintaining project records. Provide technical analysis, information, and guidance throughout all phases of the assignment and assist in the completion of all deliverables as described in the statement of work.
• The Local Research Assistant is required to be in Jordan.
• Effective oral and written communications skills in Arabic and English
• This position requires working from Jordan.
• A university degree required in Public Finance, relevant social science, or another related field.
• Two to three years of professional experience in research.
• Social research skills such as interviews, and focus group discussion, both facilitating and note taking.
• Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team.
• Excellent communication, creative problem-solving, and strong organization skills
• Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
Kaizen, a Tetra Tech company, is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of Kaizen as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen’s office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.