Looking for a Highly Salaried Job? Oxfam is hiring a Grants Officer in Britain
Looking for a Highly Salaried Job? Oxfam is hiring a Grants Officer in Britain.
Grants officer (INT9611)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have at least 1 year of experience and knowledge of managing funds from institutional donors , including significant experience of donor compliance and donor liaison, for donors such as ECHO, EC, AICS, Sida, GFFO, DEC and UN agencies?
To receive quick updates subscribe to our ; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
Looking for Highly Salaried Job? Oxfam is hiring a Grants Officer in Britain
Are you a graduate in the following disciplines: Finance, Business administration, Computer science, Social Science, International Relations?
Do you have high level of attention to detail and analysis to ensure that donor compliance and reporting meets Oxfam’s and donor’s high standards ?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Oxfam in Syria is looking for the Grants Officer who is part of the funding team and works together with the Senior Grants Officer under the supervision of the Business Development Manager. He/she is responsible for supporting the management of grants in Oxfam in Syria portfolio. This includes information and system management, fundraising, reporting and donor compliance, as well as capacity building of the Syria Team in reporting on and managing restricted funds. He/she’s other main duties will be supporting with grant management, Crimson system updates and maintenance and in general supporting the Senior Grants Officer and the Business Development Manager.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
• Strategic Thinking and Judgment
• Graduate in the following disciplines: Finance, Business administration, Computer science, Social Science, International Relations.
• At least 1 year of experience and knowledge of managing funds from institutional donors, including significant experience of donor compliance and donor liaison, for donors such as ECHO, EC, AICS, Sida, GFFO, DEC and UN agencies.
• High level of attention to detail and analysis to ensure that donor compliance and reporting meets Oxfam’s and donor’s high standards.
• Well-developed report writing skills and experience of financial/budget review and analysis.
• Sound skills in capacity building / start up workshops in relation to donor compliance.
• Self-motivated, target-driven and an entrepreneurial approach to contract management
• A team player with highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal (English);
• Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage her/his time effectively.
• Willing and able to adapt priorities in order to respond to changing demands.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.