Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
About The Role : Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
This role is subject to – Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
- Social Work Qualification and registration with Social Work England
- This post is a designated Essential Car User. Therefore you must hold a full valid driving licence at all times and provide your own car for use at work. You will receive the Essential Car User Allowance.
- The post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (amended in 2013). Appointable candidates will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed here. We have a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders and it is available upon request.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our ; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
Be Part of the Journey
Our Manchester, Our Children.
In Manchester, we are proud and passionate about the work we do. Our vision is to create a city that is thriving, full of talent, fair, a great place to live and connected.
“Social workers are positive about working in Manchester. They value the support from managers…Some social workers who have been in Manchester since the previous inspection confidently told inspectors that they can see how the change in culture and practice in Manchester is improving children’s lives.” Ofsted, 2022
Amy is in her first year in Manchester and says “My manager is extremely knowledgeable, experienced, approachable and nurturing. This creates a happy work force and drives up social work practice. My manager is what I would describe as a perfectionist and is very thorough and this suits me to a tee. I too aspire to be like her. She gives great oversight on cases and has me thinking both on my feet and outside the box, and I have learnt a lot under her to date. I feel safe under my manager”
Additional Statements and Stories.pdf
Our promise to you : Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
- A manageable and diverse caseload aligned with your experience and skills opportunities to develop your skills in social work and consider areas of interest
- The Average caseload for AYSEs is 15 and we work towards building your experience on the floor
- A commitment to your CPD through a bespoke learning and development programme
- Clear career pathways, to help you take the next step opportunities to move into specialist services such as our migrant children, complex safeguarding or disability teams.
- Career opportunities to progress and develop in Social Work
- Regular, quality, reflective supervision and learning from practice audits weekly training days in each of our localities.
- Monthly Group Supervision with your team
- Weekly Learning Spaces where you have protected time for up to an hour a week as a group to focus on a specific area of learning our Teaching Tuesdays or Wise Wednesdays.
- A supportive management and leadership team
- Full Corporate and Directorate induction
- Direct link to a Team Manager, Two Advanced Practitioners on each team and Social Work Consultants
- Opportunities to be NAAS Accredited
- You will be given the opportunity to become a Practice Educator and to develop students within the organisation
- There is a programme of training and group supervision tailored especially for Advanced Practitioners
- You will be supported to develop in your role and look at other opportunities we are focused on your career and aspirations.
- Child and family centred outcomes across all sectors by looking at how we Identified the right intervention at the right time ‘building a safe, happy, healthy and successful future for children and young people.
Staff benefits ; Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
- After 2 years service you will receive a £2,000 retention payment
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote working and mobile technology
- Opportunities to be in the office and meeting with your teams balanced with working from home opportunities
- Accessible free parking close to our locality offices
- Development Plans to look at promotion too Advanced Practitioners after two years with commitments to supporting you becoming Practice Educators and completing training and development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an employee assistance programme
- Annual Staff Awards for Excellence
- Essential Car User Allowance over £1,000 per annum + up to 52p per mile
Why Manchester?Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
Awarded Council of the Year 2022 by the Local Government Chronicle for our ambition, innovation and leadership, there’s never been a better time to join Manchester City Council.
The City’s “Our Manchester” strategy and approach promotes a strengths-based approach to understand issues and respond to children, young people and families.
Practitioners working together in a locality, having conversations, to agree and provide timely and safe interventions by providing the right service, at the right time and in the right way. This will effect positive change for our children a to have safe, happy, healthy and successful lives
Shaping partnerships and working together to improve the lives of children and young people in Manchester.
Did you know…. We currently have 25 Team Managers in Children’s Social Care who were once ASYEs in Manchester? We look to develop our staff and give them the opportunity to develop their practice and knowledge.
Almost all of our Advanced Practitioners have been developed from ASYE or Social Workers- we work hard to develop our staff and give them opportunities.
Where would you be based?Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
Our locality offices across the city are – we offer flexible working from home and office time with teams so let us know what works for you:
- North – Harpurhey District Office, Moston Lane, Harpurhey, Manchester, M9 4DD
- Central – Longsight District Office, 523 Stockport Road, Longsight, Manchester, M12 4LL
- South – Wythenshawe District Office, Etrop Court, Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5RG
- Permanence – Wythenshawe District Office, Etrop Court, Rowlandsway, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5RG
About the Candidate : Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
We’re looking for people who can provide effective, quality, professional social work to children and their families in accordance with legislation; statutory guidance at national, regional and local levels; and policies and procedures, with the outcome of improving children’s lives.
The role includes:
- Understanding the role of the child and family and child development,
- Building effective, professional relationships with children and families,
- Understanding factors that impact children including abuse and neglect,
- Undertaking child and family assessment – demonstrating effective analysis, decision-making, planning and review,
- Understanding the law and family justice system, doing ongoing research.
If you would like more information about the role or have any questions, please contact Rosie Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Us : Manchester City Council UK is hiring a Children’s Social Worker
We’re the local government authority for Manchester, and have teams across the city helping to make this a great place to live for everyone. We’re proud to do local government differently, in a city with an international reputation for diversity, creativity, culture and passion.
When you join us, you’re joining a team of over 7,000 council staff helping to make our ambition for Manchester a reality. Whatever your role, you’ll be supporting our residents and communities to be the best they can be, and helping to build a Manchester that’s fairer for everyone who lives, works, volunteers, studies or plays here.
To make our ambition a reality, every person we recruit needs to play their its part. It takes a certain type of behaviour, attitude and way of working to get Manchester where it wants to be. Our people and partners have agreed five ‘behaviours’ – the grounding for how we must work together and treat one another:
- We take time to listen and understand
- We work together and trust each other
- We show that we value our differences and treat each other fairly
- We ‘own it’ and we’re not afraid to try new things
- We’re proud and passionate about Manchester
A career with us means you can be yourself, thrive, and build the career your talent and ambition deserve.
Creating an inclusive team at Manchester City Council
At Manchester City Council, we strive to create a fair and inclusive workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. If you want to find out more about the role, our culture, flexible arrangements or any adjustments, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. If you are invited to interview we will ask you if you require any adjustments in order for you to best demonstrate your suitability for the role in the interview process.
If you would like to access the job details in another format, such as large print, audio or printed on a coloured paper, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 227 3373.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we offer guaranteed interviews for specific groups of people. To qualify, you’ll need to meet the minimum requirements for the role, and identify with one of the below criteria:
- Members of the Armed Forces and veterans
- Are currently in care, or have previously been in care
- If you consider yourself to be disabled or if you have a long-term health condition
As a Disability Confident Employer, we provide support for employees with physical or mental-health conditions, a disability or neurodiversity. Our workplaces are accessible by design, and we make workplace adjustments including providing aids, adaptations and equipment. These, combined with our flexible working policies such as disability-related leave, enable our employees to perform their role, thrive and be their authentic selves in work.
We want everyone to be able to be themselves at work and give their best. If you need additional support to undertake the duties of the role, we’ll make every effort to source any necessary aids, adaptations or equipment. If, however, any task proves to be unachievable, we will look at redesigning parts of the role.