National Research Foundation (NRF) –DAAD In-Country Scholarship Programme for Masters and PHD Degrees at South African Universities
Are you a South African Student ready to enroll for a full-time Masters or PHD degree? The NRF and DAAD scholarship is just the solution for you. Together with the National Research Foundation (NRF) in South Africa, the DAAD awards funding for Master and PhD degrees at South African Universities to South Africans citizens or permanent South African residents as part of its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our ; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is jointly awarded by the DAAD and the NRF to full-time Master and PhD students in South Africa in all fields of study at any South African university. A South African citizenship or a permanent South African residency is a requirement for the scholarship. Applicants must be 30 (Masters) or 32 (PhD) years of age or younger in the year of application. The NRF minimum academic requirement for postgraduate funding is 65%.
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship holders are eligible for exciting funding and networking opportunities in addition to the scholarship they have received for their full-time Master or PhD degree in South Africa:
- Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for a short term research stay to Germany. More Information here: NRF-DAAD Short-term Stay Germany Leaflet
- Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for one of five interdisciplinary summer schools offered in Germany during their funding period:
- University of Frankfurt – Environmental and Remote Sensing Data Analysis via Geospatial Technologies in Research and Teaching (27th August – 18th September 2023)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) – Education and Research orientated Training in Health Sciences (1st August – 31st August 2023 )
- Heidelberg University – Enhancing Academic Qualifications in Teaching and Research in Global Health (8th August – 31st August 2023)
- University of Applied Sciences Cologne (TH Köln) – Climate Change Adaptation: Risk Assessment and Design of Interventions (CC-Adapt) (12th August – 3rd September 2023)
- University of Leipzig – Innovators, Doers and Entrepreneurs [at] summer school (IDEAS) (3rd – 24th September; Virtual Conference: 26th – 30th June, 24th – 28th July, 18th – 20th October 2023)
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is thus especially interesting to applicants who would like to gain research experience in South Africa and Germany. Please note that the name of the Call is NRF Postgraduate Scholarships.
How to Apply
- The NRF Postgraduate Scholarship Call for funding in 2024 including closing dates can be accessed via the link: https://www.nrf.ac.za/dsi-nrf-postgraduate-student-funding-for-the-2024-academic-year/.
- Once on the NRF Connect system, select the First-time doctoral scholarship application template, and select ‘NRF-DAAD’ scholarship under application applying for.
- NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Call documents are also accessible via the link: https://www.nrf.ac.za/nrf-call-for-proposals-for-funding-in-2023-and-2024/
- Please refer to the Application and Funding Guide document from the link for step-by-step guidance on completing the application on the system.
Application Portal: NRF-DAAD Online Application Submission System
For technical support with your application please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org