Volunteer opportunity Online UN Communications Support Job
If you are looking for an opportunity to offer your services in communications, do not miss on this important opportunity, apply for Online UN Communications Support Job (1 position at UNODC)
Online UN Communications Support Job (1 position at UNODC)
Description of assignment title
Online Volunteer: Communications Support
Expected start date
Sustainable Development Goal
16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?
Number of assignments
Mission and objectives
The mission of UNODC is to contribute to the achievement of security and justice for all by making the world safer from crime, drugs, and terrorism. UNODC has the mandate to support Member States in strengthening justice systems with the objectives to (i) better serve and protect children; and (ii) to prevent and respond to violence against children.
The mandate and role of UNODC in providing assistance in the areas of violence against children, justice for children and protection of children from terrorism have been reaffirmed throughout the years. In 2015, UNODC launched its Global Programme to End Violence against Children (Global Programme to END VAC). The Programme has been the vehicle to ensure policy and technical assistance coherence within UNODC in the area of violence against children in the field of crime prevention and criminal justice.
Under the Global Programme to END VAC, in 2016, UNODC began to work on Preventing and Responding to Violence against Children by Terrorist and Violent Extremist Groups, delivering technical assistance activities to over 35 countries in different regions of the world and has focused on multi-disciplinary capacity-building. Within this project, UNODC developed and launched a Training Package composed of four complementary publications.
In addition, in 2019, UNODC launched the UNODC Roadmap on the Treatment of Children Associated with Terrorist and Violent Extremist Groups, which summarizes relevant guidance for action in the areas of prevention; rehabilitation and reintegration; justice responses, by proposing selected recommendations. Further information on the Global Programme to END VAC and its achievements are accessible at: https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/justice-and- prison-reform/endvac.html On the basis of this guidance UNODC has been providing technical assistance to countries in 6 regions of the world on various aspects of this phenomenon.
The Online Volunteer will work under the overall guidance of the Coordinator of the Global Programme to End Violence against Children (GLOZ43) and the Project Leader of the STRIVE Juvenile Project. 1. Design and update infographics to increase the visibility of STRIVE Juvenile on social media platforms. 2. Collect data and analysis related to VAC on media and social media to help enhancing the project’s communication strategy. 3. Support the production of promotional and digital material to promote the project and more broadly the VAC related challenges.
The Online Volunteer will work under the overall guidance of the Coordinator of the Global Programme to End Violence against Children (GLOZ43) and the Project Leader of the STRIVE Juvenile Project.
Under their direct guidance, the Online Volunteer will carry out the specific tasks:
• Support the END VAC Global programme in creating content for website and social media platforms, developing high-level communications materials (e.g. press release, web story, posts).
• Support to adapt media and multimedia assets for the local audience and proactively create tailored editorial content (stories, photos, advocacy images, campaigns, audio, video, and infographics).
• Support design and publications of public-facing documents, presentations, briefs.
• Advanced university degree communications, journalism or experience as a political science editor or international relations analyst is required.
Experience: • Knowledge of web design is required.
• Knowledge of corporate social media is required.
• Knowledge of/ experience in supporting governance programs is desirable.
• Experience within an International Organization or the United Nations system is desirable.
• Working experience in programmes funded by the European Union is desirable. Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
this position, fluency in English with excellent drafting and communication skills is required. Knowledge of another United Nations Secretariat language is an advantage.
English, Level: Fluent, Required
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.