The United Nations is looking for a Marketing Specialist
Do you have what it takes to place the name of the United Nations and its activities for the world to see the impact? Here’s an opportunity of a lifetime, The United Nations is looking for a Marketing Specialist
The United Nations is looking for a Marketing Specialist
Job no: 565389
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Valencia
Categories: Partnerships, Fund Raising
The United Nations is looking for a Marketing Specialist
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
UNICEF’s Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) Division works to deliver income, influence, and brand recognition for UNICEF globally.
The Supporter Experience Strategy is a mechanism to deliver UNICEF’s Strategic Plan and the foundation for reaching the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. It brings to life UNICEF’s goal of winning support for the cause of children from decision-makers and the wider public. As a “How” Strategy, SES is a set of enablers empowering UNICEF colleagues to reach advocacy, public engagement, and fundraising goals with individuals: driving positive supporter evolution and personalized supporter journeys worldwide; leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and information to customize experiences locally and fostering positive change and collaboration within UNICEF.
It is UNICEF’s united effort to bring together PFP, DOC, ICTD divisions, and Global Volunteers Office with National Committees and Regional and Country Offices and engage individuals to reach results for children and young people.
For every child, a Champion
The Marketing Specialist (Marketing Cloud) will deliver market implementation and provide operational support with regard to building data sets and MC marketing and engagement journeys in the Salesforce suite. The Marketing Specialist with bring technical expertise and implementation of integrated campaigns for HQ and hands-on support to pilot countries transitioning to new technology. They will take the role of Marketing Cloud (MC) Technical product owner, set out the roadmap for MC development (6 months, 18 months, and 3-year overview), gather and analyze requirements, document best practices, and benchmark against other sectors and organizations.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
The Marketing Specialist (MC) will have the following responsibilities:
- As the HQ focal point and technical product owner for Salesforce Marketing Cloud, own the process, use, and optimization of the CRM system to produce supporter-led UNICEF campaigns and journeys, including proposing the adoption of personas and journeys based on best practices from Salesforce and external partners.
- Work with business owners and stakeholders to understand and articulate business requirements, including Fundraising, Marketing, and Campaign teams to devise efficient processes for marketing automation and campaign management, leveraging the Salesforce technology to its best capacity.
- Create and develop user stories, and work with technical resources (both internal and external) to develop fit-for-purpose solutions. Manage the MC backlog, prioritize fixes and maintenance releases, and ensure system availability and operational performance.
- Manage, organize, and analyze supporter information. Lead on data creation storage, and maintenance primarily from a Marketing Cloud perspective, while also supporting Sales Cloud leads in data management to ensure optimum results in terms of supporter-centric intelligence and efficiency in data processes. Design MC data governance and data model to ensure good data quality, scalability and capacity, and license optimization. Lead on licenses and MC costs discussion to optimize the cost of ownership and system use.
- Develop Sales Cloud CRM functionality in order to have detailed reporting on all marketing and engagement campaigns at the HQ level and provide in-market support to countries to integrate existing systems and services into the new CRM architecture.
- Oversee, develop, and deliver training to new users, and provide one-to-one and group training to end users as needed (in HQ and in-country). Support training needs and upskilling in the post-implementation phase.
- Act as the go-to for all Marketing Cloud users, promote adoption, keep on top of new Salesforce releases and enhancements, awareness and research of third-party solutions, and provide dedicated support to country offices on the best use of Salesforce technology in their market.
- Develop new CRM / Marketing Cloud workflow improvements and identify opportunities for harmonization across the Salesforce platform, across CRM instances and geographies where salesforce.com is used.
- Manage the development and execution of multi-channel and multi-segment campaigns based on direction from campaign leads, email managers, or relevant business stakeholders.
- Understand key customer segments, uncover opportunities within the data, and work with the team to develop action plans to activate and impact supporter KPIs
- Manage all aspects of system testing during the implementation phase. This includes System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Operational Acceptance testing, End to End, and regression testing. Write and perform test cases once delivered and provide feedback in the form of bugs and enhancements for an iterative development process.
- MC roadmap, release schedule and manage requirements backlog
- Provide a leading role in the Marketing Cloud components of the CORE template build, ensuring fitness for purpose in global markets.
- Lead markets in local Salesforce implementation projects.
- Support markets after deployment.
- Build best practices guide on the use of Marketing Cloud derived from consultancy and support to at least two UNICEF National Committees who are using Marketing Cloud in an operational capacity, and from intelligence from competitors and the commercial sector.
- Use in-house CRM tool(s) to extract & import segments; compile, track, and report campaign results with KPIs to key stakeholders.
- Support implementation of new marketing automation programs using data to personalize communications across various supporter journeys.
- Manage CRM and loyalty campaign executions pulling lists and selections for different channels, setting up tests and control groups, overseeing content creation standards, and managing approvals. Directly responsible for all outputs to supporters using the Salesforce cloud.
- Manage data uploads to CRM tool, addresses data cleansing, and other duties as assigned, including content management and copy creation and coding.
- Design the distribution of data processes to relevant Country Offices / NatComs where and when appropriate respecting data governance policies.
- Provide input to user stories and subsequent testing to provide a fit-for-purpose marketing solution during the implementation of CRM / Marketing Cloud.
- Develop repository and playbook of fundraising and engagement tactics into Marketing Cloud, including but not limited to one-off donors welcome, upgrade, conversion, and retention; lapsed donor reactivation; leads qualification, nurturing, and conversion; pledge donors upgrade and re-activation; social medial leads capturing and conversion.
Estimated Duration of the contract:
- 364 days
- The Marketing Manager IG based in Geneva.
- Valencia, Spain is the official duty station. (Flexible work arrangements may be applied if there is a need).
To Qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Marketing, Communications, Non-profit Management, Information Science, or a related field is required.
- Alternatively, a first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud and/or Marketing Cloud certifications are considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Marketing, Communications, Non-profit Management, Information Science, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in managing Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CRM, and related systems, with specific knowledge across Journey Builder, Audience Builder, Email Studio, Automation Studio, Einstein, and Contact Builder is required.
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating CRM with different business systems (ETL, marketing automation, reporting, etc.) is required.
- Demonstrated success in managing high volume integrated multi-channel (with solid email experience) marketing programs for consumer audiences is required.
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, master data management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies is required.
- Experience using AMP Script for email personalization, A/B testing, dynamic templates, and SQL for data model updates is required.
- Proven ability to conduct detailed testing and training on new implementations for end users is required.
- Fundraising experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to synthesize results into marketing enhancement recommendations is required.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives is required.
- Ability to work across teams and time zones is required.
- Ability to travel to pilot countries to help with testing and implementation of new systems is required.
- UNICEF or UN experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or the local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1) are required.
During the recruitment process, we assess candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid).
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 04 Sep 2023 Romance Daylight Time
Deadline: 18 Sep 2023 Romance Daylight Time