UNICEF Media & Communication Internship
UNICEF supports the Government of Pakistan to accelerate progress for children, work to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and help children realize their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Children. This will be made through, among others things, strong partnerships with provincial authorities, teachers and health professionals, frontline workers and social mobilisers, communities and families, and of course the children and adolescents themselves.
To receive quick updates subscribe to our platforms; (if you have joined any of our platforms share the links with your networks
Join our WhatsApp group (if you have joined one of our WhatsApp groups don’t join this group) by clicking here https://chat.whatsapp.com/Fh2Izpz8rUXEvPh2iAfA6M .
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/united-nations-careers-com/
Website : https://unitednationscareers.com/
Join our Facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/545072486807074 Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/unacareers_com
Join our Telegram Group by clicking here : https://t.me/unitednationscareer
UNICEF Media & Communication Internship
In particular, UNICEF will work so that:
- Every child survives and thrives — being in good health, immunized, protected from polio and accessing nutritious food.
- Every child learns.
- Every child is protected from violence and exploitation and registered at birth.
- Every child lives in a safe and clean environment, with access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Communication Specialist, the intern will learn by providing support to media and communication work in the Advocacy and Communication Section in the Pakistan Country Office. The media & Communication Intern will focus on the following:
- Learn by supporting in Writing/assisting field stories for PCO website and donor reports – Documenting human interest stories and testimonies of children, women and community members benefitting from UNICEF-supported projects under various programmatic activities in coordination with programme colleagues in Islamabad and provincial offices.
- Learn by supporting in Coordinating collection of digital assets for PCO – In coordination with UNICEF consultant photographers, identify and support collection of digital assets – high resolution photos, video b-roll, piece to camera and audio quotes in field locations where UNICEF is supporting child centric activities. Support selection of the digital assets, captioning of photographs, shot listing video b-roll, and uploading selected items to UNICEF WeShare.
- Learn by supporting in Field visits – assist in planning, coordinating and implementing field visits by Natcoms, senior management and visiting officials, and media teams.
- Learn by supporting in Updating media database – prepare and/or update existing media lists including all important national and international, print and electronic media houses, journalists covering UN and UNICEF’s humanitarian and development work.
- Learn by supporting in Media engagement – Assist in preparation of press releases and media advisories, and help ensure their appropriate and wide dissemination. Also coordinate with the media monitoring company to ensure that coverage is well reflected in the daily media monitoring report and the monthly analysis.
- Learn by supporting in Supporting UNICEF events – Assist in planning and executing public and official events in coordination with vendors engaged for event management. Ensure UNICEF and where required, Government and donor visibility at events and their appropriate projection through print and electronic media.
- Learn by supporting in donor visibility efforts documenting stories, organizing donor visits, video coverage and documentation of project activities.
- Learn by supporting in the preparation of communication products including fact sheets, briefs, presentations and other public information documents
Eligibility for the UNICEF Media & Communication Internship
- Enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years from one of the following fields Journalism, Mass Communication, Social Sciences, Literature, or any related field.
- Excellent command of English and knowledge of Urdu language is desirable.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Must have proof of medical insurance covering their time at the duty station.
- Have NO immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and have no other relatives in the line of authority that the intern will report to; and are not disqualified under the UNICEF Child Safeguarding Personnel Standards (DHR/STANDARDS/2019/001), or as amended.
Required advanced knowledge of the following:
- Working knowledge of the newspaper and electronic media industries.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Good attention to detail, creativity, analysis, and focus.
- High motivation to learn.
Desirable additional qualifications
- Voluntary work experience with a UN agency or an INGO in the humanitarian field.
- Knowledge of UNICEF programmes and activities an asset.
- Knowledge of the media landscape in Pakistan is an asset.
- Photography skills.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2023